H-1B extension while B1/B2 COS is pending ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Princeton, NJ

Hello, My PERM was pending and my H1B was expiring. Therefore, to stay in status i filed to change my status from H-1B to B1/B2. Now my PERM has been approved and my Change of Status is pending. Can my attorney file for my I-140 (premium processing) and then H-1B extension ((premium processing) and once i get the extension approved i can withdraw my change of status application. ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Ask your attorney.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Lalita Haran

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This post requires analysis of facts that would be in possession of the attorney helping you currently. Please direct your questions to him or her to get the best answers. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

  3. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . The questions is why did you change to B status. You should address your question to the attorney who handles your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,492 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,492 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering