Guy hit me his fault but his insuance company saying he hasn't filed a claim wat should i do ???

Asked about 1 year ago - Brandon, MS

A man hit me his fault i gave his insurance co. His insuance info i got from the police also i gave them two that his insurance co. Told me to go get i also gave them the police report but now everytime i calls they tell me that their client havent filed a claim wat do this means ??????& wat should i do

1. Mark Steven Eisenberg

4

1

Answered . You need to report the incident to your auto insurance carrier and hire a reputable personal injury attorney to evaluate your case.

2. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

4

1

Answered . If you were injured you should obtain medical treatment and obtain a consultation from a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible. Most initial consultations are free. If you were not injured you should contact your insurance company and have them handle the situation.

3. Anders Ferrington

2

Answered . Please report this to your insurance and retain counsel. This is a case that many like myself take on contingency

4. Jacob W Pillsbury

3

1

Answered . I suggest that you avoid speaking with the at-fault driver's insurance company; they are not friendly to you in this case. As the previous posters have mentioned, you need to report the entire incident to your own insurance company. Your insurance carrier will advocate for your case with the other driver's carrier when it comes to property damage, etc.

If you are injured, I suggest not speaking to anyone before you talk to an experienced personal injury attorney. Any sworn statements or recordings that you give may be used against you later, so it's better to have someone experienced to help you through the claim.

This answer is intended to be used for general purposes only; it does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Pro

3

Answered . Report the accident to your insurance company to resolve. If you sustained injuries, retain one of the personal injury lawyers in your state above.

6. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  7. Stacy E Pepper

Pro

Answered . Report to you insurance company and let the m resolve.