Gun rights restoration in Georgia

Asked over 5 years ago - Georgia

I was arrested right after turning 18 for child molestation but courts did not try case until after turning 19. Incident happened before turning 18 so when i was convicted I was only giving 10 years probation. I sevred my sentenced, it has been 17 years and have just now received a restoration of civil rights. They have denied me the right to bear arms. What can I do about this? How can I find out why they denied me this? I have teenagers that I would like to take hunting.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . As a matter of federal law a felon may not possess a gun.

  2. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . My colleague is correct with the possible exception of obtaining a governor's pardon, something which is very difficult to do. In the meantime maybe you should take up archery.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,784 answers this week

3,253 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,784 answers this week

3,253 attorneys answering