Guidance on USCIS FOIA request?

Asked 4 months ago - Austin, TX

I am trying to obtain some kind of documents showing that some i130 petitions for alien relative were accepted when filed in the early 90s. (Or any documents that could help for section 245i) I’ve been told that the best thing to look for is a receipt notice for those petitions. If I were to submit a FOIA request to obtain this type of documents what should I select? Complete alien file? Or should I enter a specific description? Also, should the request be done under the petitioner or the beneficiary?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Request the copy of the " entire file in USCIS' possession". Reason: "to obtain immigration benefits".

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

1

Answered . You should request a copy of the complete alien file. It is best to request both the petitioner's and beneficiary's alien file.