Guardian Had Me Wrongfully Hospitalized

Asked 11 months ago - Sterling Heights, MI

I was wrongfully hospitalized from my guardian.

I was living with a roommate who was hospitalized due to attacking his last roommate. My roommate was taking medications since then. My guardian came to my apartment, and my roommate (black) made comments that I was not taking my medication (Xanax), which I was.

I was sitting with my guardian, and he made sexual outbursts, saying "pig" and "hog-tied."

He filed a petition for hospitalization, claiming that I was not taking my medication. I was not given any laboratory work to support or disprove the statement.

Is that recourse for the remarks and petition? I can petition my guardianship in 2 weeks.

Pro

8

Answered . Best bet is to focus on getting a new guardian

2. John F. Brennan

6

Answered . Your guardian was promptly acting on the only information available, even thought it was false. You probably have little if any recourse there. You can use the evidence you claim to seek to petition for an end of the guardianship, or replacement of the guardian.

3. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . I would seek to have the guardian replaced.

4. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . I would just replace the Guardian if that would give you peace of mind.