Grounds for medical malpractice?

Monroe, MI |

my son was bit by a dog when he was 6. the dog bite ripped his tear duct, resulting in surgery and insertion of tubing through his tear duct and through to his sinus. he had an aditional surgery some time after to remove the tubing. however after a few years of being told he had allergies, and a reffereal to an ENT doc it was discovered that the tubing in his sinus was not removed. hes had problems ranging from congestion to stuffy nose and sleep apnea.

Medical practice lawsuits are expensive and usually require an injury which would yield more money than the costs, however, whenever anyone feels that there may have been malpractice, search Avvo immediately for med mal lawyers in your city, and call for a free consultation to protect your rights.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

It certainly sounds like a case. If they didn't remove the tubing in that surgery, just what did they do? The real question is what are your son's damages. Does he need another surgery to have these tubes removed now?

recently discovered that his medical records clearly state that this tubing was removed and it clearly was not. wonder if this makes a difference?

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

As always, the highest regard should be given to the information provided by your local attorneys.

It sounds like there is a strong possibility that you could have a case. Medical Malpractice cases can be extremely tricky and expensive. There are also issues related to timelines where you must file by. It is extremely important that if you are contemplating a lawsuit, you speak with an attorney at once.

-Scott M. Aaronson, Esq.
Free Consultations 248-956-1165

I have gone through hell with this procedure. I had to change doctors to get someone to listen, I had clotting, messed up my clothes at work twice, pelvic and back pain, BV infections, heavy bleeding, headaches and 3 surgeries. I had this done in 2008 and within a week I started having trouble. I ended up pregnant had to get an abortion(didn't want anymore children). The same doctor ended up removing both fallopian tubes in September 2009 and supposedly removed the coils. I still complained of severe pain before and after my cycle. I only had 1 good week a month. The doctor kept trying to give me more pills and we tried everything. He stated that it was not the Essure procedure. I didn't have any menstrual problems prior to the procedure. I changed doctors in February 2010 and I finally got him to approve a hysterectomy in June of 2010 but by them my insurance had been exhausted. I had to wait until 2011. In May 2011 I had my uterus and cervix removed leaving my ovaries. In July 2011 I started having painful periods again. Started complaining to my doc again and I just had another surgery on 10/11/11 to remove my ovaries. The doctor stated he found both coils still embedded in my body and that he removed one but would not touch the other since it is now attached to my bowel and and has grown into the tissue. I contacted a few lawyers and they all say nothing can be done unless a doctor states this will affect my health in the future and need to have it removed immediately. Then I have a case. If it's not going to cause any harm then I don't have a case. I think that's bullsh#*t! I wouldn't recommend this procedure for a lab rat!

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

Animal law topics