Grounds for a "move out" order in California Family Court

Asked almost 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

What type of showing do I need to make to have a court enter a "move out" order against my spouse while my divorce case is pending? What do I need to establish to obtain the order?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . What you need to establish is different depending on, among other things, whether you're trying to do this by emergency ("ex parte") temporary restraining order, or if you're trying to do it after notice and a full hearing, whether or not there are children involved , and other facts.

    If it's a true emergency, and you, or your children are in danger, call the police first, and then go to the nearest courthouse and ask to be directed to the procedures for getting Domestic Violence Prevention restraining orders. THEN talk to an attorney. If it's NOT an emergency, you should at least consult with an experienced family law attorney before going ahead with anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,420 answers this week

3,213 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,420 answers this week

3,213 attorneys answering