Greencard processing - will change in job position require me to file Labor again?

Asked about 1 year ago - King Of Prussia, PA

I am currently working as a Quality Assurance Analyst and am looking to move into a sterling OMS developer role or a Database developer role..I gathered that as long as the change in the position is progressive, I will not have to apply for labor again. Do I need to apply for a labor certification again in my case? What does this really depend on? What is the law? Thanks for your responses in advance.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . Just because the change in positions is progressive does not relieve your employer from filing a new PERM application.

2. Terence Sean McGraw

Pro

2

Answered . It sounds likie your question is more appropriately addressed to immigrations specialists. I have edited the practice area in hope of attracting their attention.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . One would need to see the job descriptions to make that determination.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.