Greencard processing - will change in job position require me to file Labor again?

King Of Prussia, PA |

I am currently working as a Quality Assurance Analyst and am looking to move into a sterling OMS developer role or a Database developer role..I gathered that as long as the change in the position is progressive, I will not have to apply for labor again. Do I need to apply for a labor certification again in my case? What does this really depend on? What is the law? Thanks for your responses in advance.

It sounds likie your question is more appropriately addressed to immigrations specialists. I have edited the practice area in hope of attracting their attention.

This answer to your legal inquiry is based upon the limited facts stated in your question. Accurate legal advice is based upon an exchange between a lawyer and a client. The lawyer can then ask about other facts that may change or confirm the answer. Without that exchange, this reply should be considered limited in value. You should rely on this answer only at your own risk. Direct consultation with a lawyer is always recommended. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The answering attorney is licensed in Pennsylvania and all answers are given pursuant to Pennsylvania law, unless otherwise indicated.

One would need to see the job descriptions to make that determination.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Just because the change in positions is progressive does not relieve your employer from filing a new PERM application.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration