Asked about 1 year ago - West Haven, CT

I've received my green card today but my birthdate is mistyped. It's an error that was made by the uscis office. Now, I'm filing the form I-90 to fix the error.
As I'm planning to travel in mid December, does anyone knows how long it will take them to get me the new card?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . (Are you sure you did not present USCIS with a fake birth certificate? Just kidding.) I-90s currently are taking many, many months. All processing times are listed at the USCIS website Just to make sure you won't be disappointed, make sure to add another 2 months to whatever time frames they post. You will then know what to expect and will not grow impatient or disappointed.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Norma Lorenzo

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Hello, hope that you are well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that you might not have a new one before December. Sometimes its takes longer than a month and half. Best of luck.

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,702 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,702 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering