West Haven, CT |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I've received my green card today but my birthdate is mistyped. It's an error that was made by the uscis office. Now, I'm filing the form I-90 to fix the error.
As I'm planning to travel in mid December, does anyone knows how long it will take them to get me the new card?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Hello, hope that you are well. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that you might not have a new one before December. Sometimes its takes longer than a month and half. Best of luck.

(Are you sure you did not present USCIS with a fake birth certificate? Just kidding.) I-90s currently are taking many, many months. All processing times are listed at the USCIS website Just to make sure you won't be disappointed, make sure to add another 2 months to whatever time frames they post. You will then know what to expect and will not grow impatient or disappointed.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration