Green Card Through Employer Category 3 (EB-3)

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I have been a Nurse For nearly 7 years now, I work in ICU and waiting to file for Green Card Through Employer Category 3 (EB-3), can I switch form EB-3 TO EB-2? I have NO masters; I have BsN, 4 years but I have great experience of over 7 years, I also have a lot of on-Job Training etc..

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . In order to be about to qualify for the EB-2 category, you must have a new job which requires a either an MSN or a BSN plus 5 years of professional experience. No PERM is required for an RN, but a new I-140 must be submitted.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Shusterman. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine whether you can satisfy the requirements for an EB-3 petition and retention of your priority date.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . No, one cannot "switch" from EB-3 to. EB-2. A brand new PERM has to be filed. To see whether you qualify for EB-2, talk to EMPLOYER'S immigration lawyer.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . You will need to file a new petition. The position for the EB-2 Must require an Advanced degree and you must have an advanced degree or equivalent. If you meet all the requirements it may be possible to retain your priority date.