Green card renewal or citizenship?

Asked over 1 year ago - York, PA

My green card will be expired next month. Should I renew my green card first then apply for citizenship? Or can I apply for citizenship now? Thanks.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

2

Answered . You can apply for citizenship without renewing your GC; With that said, if you do file I-90 to renew it, you will have to wait until it is adjudicated before you can seek citizenship; It is done so the A file would not get bounced around as a football; You decide; If you need to travel in the next six months, probably seek renewal first, if not then go right a head and file for citizneship

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

2

Answered . You can apply now, unless you need to travel, in that case apply for green card first.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . you can apply now

4. Paritosh Bhupesh Sheth

2

Answered . The best option is to apply for Citizenship if eligible.
    Pari@parisheth.com
    3145672010

5. Igor A. Voloshen

Answered . Apply for US Citizenship.