Green Card renewal - Not sure how to answer questions 3 and 4 of part 3 in I-90 renewal application form.

Littleton, MA |

Green card was done via Consular Processing while living in the USA and was not an adjustment of status. How do I answer question three? Is this the consulate I attended or the town in the US I was living in? Question 4 seems to me to be the consulate that issues the visa. Correct?

It seems that the instructions for I90 "3. City of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status - List the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate or USCIS office where you filed your application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status." contradict the question in my view. So based on the I have to assume the answer in my case is the embassy when the consular processing took place.

I agree that the instructions for Part 3, question 3 do conflict with how you might read the question. The instructions ask you to state the consulate where you filed, so enter that information. Question 4 as you know is where the LPR status was granted in your case.

2. The Instructions for the I-90 are clear as to the requirements. Read the non bold part of the section at page 5 of the instructions.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. I agree with my colleague. Read the instructions in full.

4. It does actually help if you read the instructions first!

Goodluck.