Skip to main content

Green card renewal - biometric appointment schedule and location change possible?

Naperville, IL |

I just applied for green card renewal today (22-Mar-2013). My green card is expiring in Nov-2013. I'm going to be out of the country (to India) from next week till August. Somebody will check my postal mails while I'm gone and I'll be know about the application correspondence. I'm worried about biometrics appointment. Will be able to postpone or change location (in India) of biometrics?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. No, you cannot do your biomentrics in India. Not yet. When we unite to form one country, maybe but for now, you can only do it in the United States.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Biometrics can only be done in the US.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Follow the instructions on the appointment notice that you receive in order to reschedule. At the very least you should call the USCIS National Customer Service Center to get some guidance. The number is 1-800-375-5283. Good luck!

    The content of this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice. Always consult with an attorney regarding any legal issues.

  4. In the past I have been able to move it to Hawaii or Guam. You must have an H or L visa since you left before you obtained the advance parole.

    This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics