Green card renewal - biometric appointment schedule and location change possible?

Asked about 1 year ago - Naperville, IL

I just applied for green card renewal today (22-Mar-2013). My green card is expiring in Nov-2013. I'm going to be out of the country (to India) from next week till August. Somebody will check my postal mails while I'm gone and I'll be know about the application correspondence. I'm worried about biometrics appointment. Will be able to postpone or change location (in India) of biometrics?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . No, you cannot do your biomentrics in India. Not yet. When we unite to form one country, maybe but for now, you can only do it in the United States.

2. Lorena Duenez

1

Answered . Follow the instructions on the appointment notice that you receive in order to reschedule. At the very least you should call the USCIS National Customer Service Center to get some guidance. The number is 1-800-375-5283. Good luck!

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Biometrics can only be done in the US.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

1

Answered . In the past I have been able to move it to Hawaii or Guam. You must have an H or L visa since you left before you obtained the advance parole.