Green Card related problems with my spouse

Asked over 1 year ago - Milpitas, CA

My spouse and I have lived in separate countries for 14 months of 16 months & only lived together for about less than 2 months on vacation only . During that time I processed her green card . Our marriage was done as per Islamic values . We have been fighting for past 12 months of our marriage and is escalated to the point of divorce which i have already filed herein California . My question is pertaining the green card . She gave her green card interview in Dec 2012 and I gave her verbal indication for divorce in Jan 2013 as per Islamic values . At this point , she was still living outside USA . As soon as I gave her verbal divorce as per Islamic values , she flew to USA on her own . My question is is there a way to cancel her green card and how can that even happen .

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

1

Answered . If you live in the U.S., you need to divorce her according to applicable state laws.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

12

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

3. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. You should contact an immigration attorney in your area to further review the details of your situation and see what can be done.

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

4. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . You really need to consult an immigration lawyer and a divorce lawyer