Green Card process: Country of birth or citizenship

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Dear Experts,

I am working on H1 visa and my employer is going to start my Green card process soon.

As per my understanding, it will take 5-10 years for Indian citizens to complete the GC process.

My wife has obtained Irish citizenship and I wanted to know will this help me in getting GC earlier.

Will we be in Indian queue for GC as our birthplace is India or Irish citizenship will help.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice.

Regards.

1. Gen Kimura

4

1

Answered . A country of birth.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

1

Answered . Country of birth is what counts. Country of citizenship does not control.

3. Matthew L. Kolken

Pro

3

1

Answered . The issue is country of origination.

The link below contains a series of questions and answers that has been issued by USCIS on the subject.

4. Carlos E Sandoval

3

Answered . It's your place of citizenship the one that counts. Not your wife's.