Green card Perm LCA denied after audit. PD is June 29, 2012. current visa expiring on June 25, 2013. What are my options?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Washington, DC

I am in a very difficult situation. Can someone please advise me.
My GC perm LCA got denied after Audit. My Priority Date is June 29, 2012. My current visa and I94 is expiring on June 25, 2013.
Even if my employer appeals for the LCA denial, i wouldn't be covered for 365 days of pending labor as my current visa is expiring 5 days before the completion of 365 days. Can you please advise me if I have any options of staying in USA.
I understand that my employer should consult a good immigration lawyer, but I need to know my options beforehand so that I can push my employer and have an informed discussion. Can anyone please help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A consultation with a competent immigration attorney in person in DC. I hope you can afford it. If not, there are some legal services, which offer free or low cost legal advice. You can find them on EOIR website and see if you qualify by income guidelines.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your EMPLOYER'S attorney aside, you should immediately seek a consultation with an attorney who will only have your interests at heart.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Options depend on facts. You really need to meet one on one with an experienced immigration attorney, whether myself or one of my colleagues, so that he/she can review all your documents and facts in order to determine what your options are.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,468 answers this week

3,639 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,468 answers this week

3,639 attorneys answering