Green card marriage based?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Me and my wife married 7 months ago. I petitioned her green card and paid all the fees, we had an interview and she just got her green card, and she started acting different. Phone calls from her "new" friends who she claims she knew long time, being rude and moody with me. We talked about having a baby, now she changed her mind and says wants me to leave her alone, kinda mentioned divorce. Having second thoughts that she wanted me just for green card, now she has conditional GC, she won't be able to renew it without me, or can she? What can I do to stop her getting any benefits from me and deport her to her?

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . She can renew it without your assistance. There are four exceptions to the joint filing requirements. There is no way you can stop her from obtaining benefits unless you allege fraud in the marriage.

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . You cannot get her deported.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . A bad marriage isn't the same as a fake/sham marriage.

I suggest you encourage her to attend marriage counseling with you.

4. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, she can file for the permanent green card without you. She would have to prove that the marriage was entered into "in good faith, but was terminated through divorce/annulment".

If you truly believe that it was a fraudulent marriage or obtain any proof of this you can always report it to USCIS. You can also request to withdraw your I-130 petition. Just make sure that you submit and document your reasons for beliving it was a fraudulent marriage.