Green card holder is just hold for an immigration law, and can he get the bond amount?

Duluth, GA |

My boyfriend just arrested for trafficking marijuana and he is in jail now. Once I pay the bail bond to county jail, they will hold him for 48 hrs, then immigration will come to county jail to pick him up. I know his charge is really serious and I already hired criminal defense attorney. I would like to know that if he will go to immigration detention, is there any possibility he can get the bail bond amount? He did not convicted for his crime yet, and the court has not been started yet too. Also, he is a green card holder. Until his crime will be convicted, can he stay outside of immigration detention center? Also, if he cannot get the bail amount, I will buy a immigration lawyer too, but if I hire the immgration lawyer, can he get the bail bond? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you.

Yes he may get an immigration bond. An immigration lawyer can request a bond redetermination if he is not given one. The ultimate disposition from Immigration will depend on the outcome of the criminal case.

Removal proceedings is exceptionally complex administrative process, which requires good knowledge, understanding and command of the one of the most complex parts of the interplay between INA, Federal Regulations, and Administrative and Judicial precedents. Self-representing in such a forum is unwise at least and often outright reckless.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Cindy Medina

Cindy Medina

I agree with attorney Segal. Deport cases are very complex especially when you add the criminal aspect to it. please retain an experienced immigration attorney well versed in deportation proceedings.

All drug related convictions require mandatory detention by ICE. He will not get released on bond. Make sure to immediately hire him the best immigration money can buy before he is deported. A lawyer could stop tat by possibly finding relief.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Even though he did not convicted yet? The case can be dropped or reduced. After the court, I understand he could be deported from US but before the court, how they can deport him without any conviction?

I agree with my colleagues.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

You need to get as much documentation as possible (police reports, court filings, etc) regarding this arrest and any other criminal history you boyfriend may have and talk to an immigration attorney about not only posting bond, but defending him against removal.