Skip to main content

Green card for LZ (Intra-company transferee)

Bothell, WA |

I am on an LZ visa (intra-company tranferee, specialized knowledge) and wanted to know if the process for green card also includes PERM/Labor or can I skip this the way L1A holders can?

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you happened to be an exec or manager for the company abroad one year in the last three then you probably could but if not then you would have to go through the labor certification process. It's pretty fact specific so before deciding yes or no it'd be good to talk it over in detail with an immigration attorney.


Only L-1s who were managers or executives can skip the PERM process.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer