Green card for LZ (Intra-company transferee)

Asked about 2 years ago - Bothell, WA

I am on an LZ visa (intra-company tranferee, specialized knowledge) and wanted to know if the process for green card also includes PERM/Labor or can I skip this the way L1A holders can?

Thank you.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only L-1s who were managers or executives can skip the PERM process.

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Justin G. Randolph

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you happened to be an exec or manager for the company abroad one year in the last three then you probably could but if not then you would have to go through the labor certification process. It's pretty fact specific so before deciding yes or no it'd be good to talk it over in detail with an immigration attorney.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,274 answers this week

3,325 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,274 answers this week

3,325 attorneys answering