Green Card for family through home/property investment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Hi,
I'm a student in the US on F-1 visa along with my sister here who is on F-1 visa as well. Both my parents hold Tourist (B2) visa.

I wanted to ask you what is the best way for my entire family (four of us) to secure a US Green Card?

They are looking at either:
- buying a property (house) and getting green card - Such information is hard to find online, however.
- investing in a business (if that helps)

Please let me know.

Thank you.

1. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Usually, the USCIS will not approve cases where there is simply a real estate investment. You would be better off investing in a business that you intend on running. You might be able to invest as a E-2 Treaty Investor which is a nonimmigrant status and does not require as substantial of an investment as the EB-5 immigrant category. If you have $500,000 to invest and don't want to be too involved in the running of the business, then you should consider an EB-5 regional investment center.

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

1

Answered . If you have over $500,000 to invest, there are many companies that provide such investments in order to immigrate to the U.S. It must be an investment that creates 10 new jobs in an area of high unemployment.

3. Eliza Grinberg

3

1

Answered . Follow the link below for more information on investment opportunities.

4. Veronica Tunitsky

3

1

Answered . I think that given how much is on the line - your whole family's future - the best course of action would be to schedule a consultation with an attorney in your area who can evaluate every piece of information about you and your family and provide you with comprehensive, personal list of options. Don't you agree?

5. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Good questions you ask. Do it again. This time on a consultation with an immigration attorney in the locality you reside. Good luck.

6. Todd Matthew Heine

2

1

Answered . Depending on your details, the answer might be yes. Tons of opportunities exist nationwide for qualified investors to get permanent residence based on an investment. Buying a residential home generally won't work, but business investment visas are quite popular. You have to be careful, as not all investments will result in a permanent residence. However, you could likely find a suitable investment with some good financial and legal advice.

7. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Best to discuss in detail with an immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationlawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630