Green Card for Asylee

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA


I've been granted asylum in June, 2012. When I'm allowed to file my documents for Green Card? I know about 1 year restriction, but am I allowed to send docs earlier?

Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Barbara A Marcouiller


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I agree. You will need to wait until the one year has passed.

    This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case.... more
  2. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . No, you'll have to wait until you've had asylum for one full year until you send in your application.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . After the one year anniversary of having been granted asylum.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,668 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,668 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering