Skip to main content

Green Card filing!

Redlands, CA |

If someone came "legally" but overstayed their visa and is out of status now....will he/she be able to apply for the new "Registered Provisional Immigrant Status" as proposed by the gang of 8 today?

Attorney Answers 3


It is only proposed legislation and is not law yet. It may be changed

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You are a little ahead of your horses! This is just a proposed bill, the final form that it will take before it becomes law no one knows at this time, not even the gang of 8. Ask this question again in about 3 or 4 months.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Yes, this is the purpose of the Immigration Reform, i.e. to provide a path for legalization of the undocumented aliens that are present in the US and that will meet certain proscribed eligibility criteria. However, you must wait until this bill becomes a law, and if and when it does, I highly recommend that you seek experienced immigration lawyer for assistance.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics