Skip to main content

Green card EB2 or EB3 criteria?

Pasadena, CA |

Dear Sir,

My name is Vishwanatha working as a Software professional.
I have done my Master of Science in Information Technology and Master of Commerce in Finance from india.
And have 6 years of experience in information technology from reputed and large organizations.
I have done 2 year diploma certification
Due to my personal problem I couldn't completed my Bachelor degree on that time.

My total education comes 12+2+2+(2 + diploma) years exluding diploma
Can I apply for Green card based only 2 masters degree and 6 years of experience?
Is it mandatory to mention my bachelors degree?


Thank you very much for your quick and valuable answer. I will get evaluation on my degree.

Attorney Answers 2


If a credential evaluation will demonstrate that the masters is equivalent to a bachelor's degree, then you can use that + 5 years progressive experience to potentially be eligible for EB-2.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


if you have a master's degree, you will qualify for EB2 but you will need an evaluation.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics