Green Card EB1 criteria multinational manager

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Hi, I am from India. Below is my case.

I did work 3 years in India from 2003-2006 as a senior software engineer and worked in USA for next 4 years from 2007 to 2011 on h1b visa.

After that went out of country for 1 year 6 months and joined MNC as a manager level candidate in India and came to USA with the same role with the same company.
I do have double Masters degrees in computer science.
Am I eligible for Green Card in EB1 category?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You seem to meet the basic elements of an L1A, which may lead to an EB1, green card application. Definitely consult with an immigration attorney. If your employer does not have one, or if you are to choose, then have the attorney communicate with you and your company, perhaps in a conference call.

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You look like you could be, but there is much more to a successful L-1A petition than receiving general answers on a general forum such as this. Such questions should be posed directly to your EMPLOYER'S immigration lawyers. Only they will know the Company, business and other factors, as well as the job position to give you a meaningful opinion.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You do qualify if you worked for the foreign company in a management position for 1 year of the past 3 years

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,853 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,853 answers this week

3,118 attorneys answering