Green card based on marriage,waiting for too long after the interview,wife wants a divorce now

Asked 8 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

We have been married for three years and a few months, my wife is illegal for a very long time, I am a USC, we went for the first interview and we didn't get an answer till after 11 months almost ,and the case was denied and then we had to refile and we have been waiting more than a year now and no answer yet ..we have a great marriage and love each other and all,my wife thinks that we will never be approved and she wants to work and go to school but can't without a green card ,please help I don't know much about this ,I am a plumber 26 years old and she has a masters degree from her country and 4 years older than me ...can we do anything to get us approved and solve the problem ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

10

Answered . Talk to an immigration attorney. You are seeking tailored advice which cannot be excepted on a free online legal blog.

2. Sophia Solovyova

4

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney to make inquiries and advocate on your behalf.

3. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

5

Answered . There is no way for you to expedite the process. It would be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney to assist you with this process.

4. Lisa Michelle Bassis

5

Answered . It does not appear that the process can be expedited. However, it is best to consult with experienced immigration counsel. Best Regards

5. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

3

Answered . You do not say on what basis your first application was denied. Neither is it disclosed whether it was the I-130 or I-485 that was denied. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney who may review your filings and advise you how to proceed.