Green Card base on marriage interview

Asked over 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hello! So today my spouse and I had an interview (I'm an immigrant), the officer was exceptionally nice, I actually enjoyed speaking with her, but in the end of the interview she said that she hasn't gone through all the papers and that's why she's not stamping my passport (she wrote smth there "section 245 interview, i-485 pending..") but she also said that I would receive my green card soon! What's that supposed to mean? Is there more work to be done like doing the background check etc. , and how soon do people usually receive their green cards in this case? Thank you!

1. 13

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. 3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Sounds like everything went well. The officer probably didn't have a chance to run the latest background check. I don't see why you should question her unless there's reason to, but then I wasn't there and haven't seen your file.

3. 1

1

Answered . you should be fine. Just wait for your card in the mail

4. Answered . At first brush it sounds like you passed the interview and the officer intended to adjust you providing that all your paperwork was in order. I would give it 45 to 60 days.