Green Card base on marriage interview

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello! So today my spouse and I had an interview (I'm an immigrant), the officer was exceptionally nice, I actually enjoyed speaking with her, but in the end of the interview she said that she hasn't gone through all the papers and that's why she's not stamping my passport (she wrote smth there "section 245 interview, i-485 pending..") but she also said that I would receive my green card soon! What's that supposed to mean? Is there more work to be done like doing the background check etc. , and how soon do people usually receive their green cards in this case? Thank you!

Sounds like everything went well. The officer probably didn't have a chance to run the latest background check. I don't see why you should question her unless there's reason to, but then I wasn't there and haven't seen your file.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

2. I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. you should be fine. Just wait for your card in the mail

4. At first brush it sounds like you passed the interview and the officer intended to adjust you providing that all your paperwork was in order. I would give it 45 to 60 days.

Patrick Caston Crowley, Esq. (718-769-6352) Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C. 2306 Coney Island Avenue, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11223 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics