Green card and divorce

My wife was my sponsor for me to come over the USA. I got permanent green card 2 months ago, but she wants get divorce , after divorce final will she be my sponsor? until become citizenship?
Thanks

Yes, she is your financial sponsor until you get your citizenship or 40 quarters of employment.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. She is likely to continue to be your sponsor. Before you apply for naturalization, you may have to file removal of condition application if you were granted a conditional green card. This is either filed jointly if you continue to be married or seek a waiver if you divorce. For more detailed information, you should consult with an immigration attorney.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

3. Her obligation lasts until you naturalize or work for 40 years, but remember that her obligation is to protect the government from you seeking means-tested benefits.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

4. I agree with my colleagues. If you have additoinal questions, you can consult an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.