Green card!

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I got my SSN while in school doing on campus job.However, i married a U.S.C and i have adjusted status now.The SSN card has written" EMPLOYMENT WITH DHS PERMISSION ONLY".

So, DO I NOW need to go SSN office with my Green card and get that condition removed from my SSN?

1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

5

Answered . Yes you do but it is not hard - you just show them your green card. Your old number will be updated and you will be good to go! Good Luck!

2. Theodore S. Huang

2

Best Answer

Answered . By removing that notation from your Soc. Sec. card, it'll facilitate the I-9 employment eligibility form completion process whenever you are starting a new job.

3. Carlos E Sandoval

4

Answered . That's correct. Go to the Social Security Office with a copy of your old social security, and your green card, and they will give you a new social security card without that disclaimer.