Green card!

I got my SSN while in school doing on campus job.However, i married a U.S.C and i have adjusted status now.The SSN card has written" EMPLOYMENT WITH DHS PERMISSION ONLY".

So, DO I NOW need to go SSN office with my Green card and get that condition removed from my SSN?

By removing that notation from your Soc. Sec. card, it'll facilitate the I-9 employment eligibility form completion process whenever you are starting a new job.

Theodore Huang, Esq. 626.244.7357. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.

Yes you do but it is not hard - you just show them your green card. Your old number will be updated and you will be good to go! Good Luck!

That's correct. Go to the Social Security Office with a copy of your old social security, and your green card, and they will give you a new social security card without that disclaimer.

Recommended articles about Employment