Skip to main content

Grandparents visitation rights in florida

Ocala, FL |

My son lost his son to the state(mothers boyfriend abused my grandson) and is now a ward of the state. Me being the grandparent can I get visitation to see my grandson?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Technically there are no grandparent rights in the state of Florida. There is a statute that addresses this specific question. Chapter 752 of the Florida Statutes addresses Grandparent Visitation Rights.

    Attorney Cheri Hobbs

  2. Sorry no visitation rights for grandparents. However, it cannot hurt to contact an attorney for a free consult and see if there is anything different about your case.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics