Grandparents visitation rights in florida

Ocala, FL |

My son lost his son to the state(mothers boyfriend abused my grandson) and is now a ward of the state. Me being the grandparent can I get visitation to see my grandson?

Technically there are no grandparent rights in the state of Florida. There is a statute that addresses this specific question. http://www.18884mydivorce.com/pub/Childcustody/grandparent-visitation-rights.htm Chapter 752 of the Florida Statutes addresses Grandparent Visitation Rights.

Attorney Cheri Hobbs

IF I WANTED TO SEEK CUSTODAY OF MY 13 YR. OLD GRANDAUGHTER WHO HAS BEEN IN MY LIFE AND ME IN HERS FOR 13YRS. AND BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER WHO IS NOT MARRIED TO THE FATHER IS SAYING NO BECAUSE OF A DISPUTE WE HAD AND THE CHILD IS STRESSED AND NEEDS THERAPY FOR A LONG TIME NOW DUE TO A DISFUNCTIONAL LIFE STYLE AND A MOTHER WHO TALKS ABOUT THESE ISSUES TO HER. CAN SOMETHING BE DONE TO TAKE HER OUT OF THAT? SHE HAS EXPRESSED HER DESIRE TO COME AND STAY WITH ME.

Sorry no visitation rights for grandparents. However, it cannot hurt to contact an attorney for a free consult and see if there is anything different about your case.

Child custody topics