Grandmother getting custody of Grand baby dcf problem can I win this?

Naples, FL |

I have a 10 mth old in foster care since birth,with dcf problem,my daughter has had a drug problem for years, she lost 3 boys she signed them over and has been working on her case plan with rehab for 10 mth old, but has now went back to drugs, I was called Friday by family preservation that TPR is being filed, DCF has never called me before and when I have called before they never call me back wonder why now, the boys they are in adoption process at this time, the baby girl is in the same foster home as her brothers,I want custody of her I don't want to see another adopted out I have no visitation with them anymore, also I'm told she is pregnant again,I have court on Monday at 11 am collier co with my other daughter we are going to try , legal aide is going to help me do I have a chance

Yes, you do have a chance, unless there is something in you background that would prevent it. Especially if they never contacted you. I don't know the specifics of the case or your particular situation, so I don't know how to really tell you much of anything useful. You need to talk to you legal aid attorney.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

I have nothing in my background, I have a security clearance I worked at jail as a nurse,no criminal history,the only thing that has happenend is I had the 3 boys when they were first taken in 2010 for 5 months I could no longer care for them I had lost my home my job ,had breast cancer,and had a torn shoulder from lifting the kids,I found a foster family friends of mine to take them I told dcf I had to move quickly and that if they didnt get the paper work done quickly I would take them to there office of course I didnt mean that I would drop them off or abandon them I never would do that ever I love those kids I just had so much stress at the time of caring for the kids and I thought my daughter would get them back but she did not,that is the only thing that could hurt me as dcf told the Judge this in court when this baby was born I could not get her because of that statement, I tried to explain to the judge of what was going on she would not listion she told me to shut up in court that is the only thing, stupid thing I did I regret it terribly, but it doesnt mean Im a bad person

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

That seems a little harsh, but that's why you have a lawyer now. Good luck.

Yes I thought it was a little harsh to, but I am going to do my best Im on my way to court now then legal aide I have a firm belief that if it is Gods will she be with me Her name is destiny so we will see, I will fight for her and not give up, Thankyou you have given me confidence that I still have a chance to win.

If you already have an attorney on this, it is basically not something we should comment upon. Listen to your attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239