Grandmother died with NO will. She had 2 sons. 1 living ( w/ 3 living children) 1 deceased ( I am 1 living child). Texas law???

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

By Texas State law am I entitled to any of her inheritance? She had no will but I was the only one who was close to her and visited her and took care of her. She had 2 sons. My uncle who is still alive and has 3 living children and my father who died when I was 10 and I am his only child. My uncle is already getting $100,000 in CDs that are POD to him. The remaining money which will be around $100,000 to $120,000 after medical bills paid needs to be divided. I thought I was entitled to 50% of it but he said he wants to split it equally among all the grandchildren (there are 4 of them). I was the only one who even visited her and kept in touch with her and helped her. What should I do? Do I need a lawyer? By law what am I entitled to since my father is deceased and there is NO will. Thanks

1. David M. Pyke

4

Answered . You are an heir to 50%, so you need to consult an attorney to get your share. An heirship proceeding and administration is needed and since Uncle thinks it is his to divide, you should jump in first to get someone fair appointed, which could be you.

2. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . You have asked this question a number of times, now. I agree with Attorney Pyke. You are over your head and need to have an attorney to make sure that your rights are protected.

James Frederick

3. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . Attorneys Pyke and Frederick are correct. You need assistance from a local probate attorney. Don't delay.