Grand Larceny 4th Degree my first Offense

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenburgh, NY

i worked at kmart and they have me on camera ringing up a gazebo then going to the front of the store and returning it in the amount of 1,020.05 on to a kmart gift card the thing is i did not do it under my register numbers i did it under someone random in the store then i went to furniture and hide it while i was assisting a customer and went on about my business

when they caught me i did not deny i owned up to my wrong and i cooperated with the police i got out on a 250.00 bail

i made a really horrible choice i do not want a record i have plans to go into the military and finish college threw there but i wont be able to if i can not pass the clearence so please anything that i can do to help myself let me know please i am begging

i can not afford a lawyer

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Unless you are less than 19 years old coming out of this will require a really good criminal defense lawyer to do a great job. I suggest you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Rochelle S. Berliner

Pro

3

Answered . Judges are tough upstate. You definitely need a top notch criminal attorney who can perhaps creatively come up with a disposition that would not leave you with a criminal record and would satisfy the prosecutor.

3. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . First, if you cannot afford an attorney because of a determination of indigency, you will be appointed an attorney for all stages of the prosecution. Your matter may be negotiated by an attorney to something less or no conviction at all. You lack of history may outweigh the violation of trust to your employer and the felony level amount of the theft. These are often key factors in the disposition. Sometimes people are able to enter the military despite a misdemeanor conviction. You can even become a police officer with most misdemeanor convictions as well nowadays.