Grand larceny

Bellevue, WA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

i used to work in a restaurant. i think my old employer has hired a lawyer and is building a case against me for grand larceny. from what i've been told they are trying to gather as much dirt on me as possible. they are falsely accusing me of fraudulent "walkouts" where a customer leaves without paying. and also stealing money from there company. what can i do? is there anything i can do? what is the punishment? I am estimating about $1,000 worth of theft, but they are trying to accuse me of $10,000. Please help!! Thank you!!!

Same answer as before....

Theft is determined by the dollar amount of property that was alleged to have been stolen. See RCW 9A.56.020.

If you even think you will be accused of Theft, you will need to hire excellent criminal law counsel at once in Seattle to discuss your options..

You can call Donna Johnston @ 206 323-9021 to make an appointment. Ms. Johnston is retained criminal counsel.

WA State a theft crime is categorized either as felony or misdemeanor. It depends on the amount.
RCW 9A.56.040
Theft in the second degree – Other than firearm or motor vehicle.

(1) A person is guilty of theft in the second degree if he or she commits theft of:

(a) Property or services which exceed(s) two hundred fifty dollars in value but does not exceed one thousand five hundred dollars in value, other than a firearm as defined in RCW 9.41.010 or a motor vehicle; or

(b) A public record, writing, or instrument kept, filed, or deposited according to law with or in the keeping of any public office or public servant; or

(c) An access device.

(2) Theft in the second degree is a class C felony. Punishable up to 5 years in prison & up to a $10,000.00 fine, along with court costs and other fees..

Whereas the following is a gross misdemeanor:
RCW 9A.56.050
Theft in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of theft in the third degree if he or she commits theft of property or services which (a) does not exceed two hundred and fifty dollars in value, or (b) includes ten or more merchandise pallets, or ten or more beverage crates, or a combination of ten or more merchandise pallets and beverage crates.

(2) Theft in the third degree is a gross misdemeanor.

Look at link below to see the various categories. Should you receive a summons for court Get yourself an experienced criminal defense attorney asap. In your listed area of Bellevue, I highly recommend Liz Anne Padula - (425) 883-2883. Good luck.