Grady hospital lied about my pregnancy test results. They told me negative when my lab results from my records shows no rsults

Asked 7 months ago - Atlanta, GA

Last cycle 12/11-15/2013. Stroke and brain surgery 12/22-24/2013 done@ Grady. 1/21-23/2014 back at GRADY for possible TIA. Blood rwork was done pregnancy test requested due to me telling them date of last cycle. TIA ruled out. Neuropathy instead. I asked for results for 2 days. Thats how long i had to wait on MRI. before mri attending rn told me she ordered test and it was negative. No blood was drawn at this time. Theres a form in mri that i had to sign that to the best of my knowledge i wasn't pregnant. The MRI NURSE pulled up my results (or so she say) she said negative. MRI WAS DONE. I was on a slew of meds inc morphine. 02/06/2014 my PCP did pregnancy test POSITIVE.02\18/2014 fetus dead no heartbeat. Dr checking hcg levels possible d/c Thurs. Grady Patient Services has complaint.

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

7

Answered . It sounds like you've been through a lot and i hope you find good health on the other side of this. Unfortunately this is not the best forum to evaluate specific cases. Medical malpractice cases are some of the most complicated cases, both substantively and procedurally to pursue in Georgia. For you to recover, an expert in the specific medical specialty would have to sign a statement under oath saying that a specific healthcare provider breached the standard of care for that profession. That means the provider either did something a reasonable provider would not do, or failed to do something a reasonable provider would have done in the same situation. The only way to assess that is to have your medical records reviewed by an attorney who practices in this area.

Miscarriage cases present their own challenges as they are so common and so often occur with no clear cause that proving a connection between your treatment and the miscarriage may be very tough. Good luck.

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . Consult with an experienced GA medical malpractice attorney to see if you have a viable claim.

3. Philip Anthony Fabiano

2

Answered . I could not follow your question here??? I take it the hospital gave you incorrect test results, right??
    How were you harmed?? Maybe I'm just not reading this correctly???
    In any lawsuit; medical negligence or otherwise you must show someone did something wrong and as a result you suffered an injury or some damage as a result. There is no value in an incorrect test result that did not result in any harm to you.
    If you feel you suffered an injury as a result of an error, the only way to see if this is a viable claim is to hire an attorney willing to investigate the claim. Your lawyer will gather the records and have them reviewed by a medical expert. The expert will determine if the standard of care was breached--basically if a reasonable health care provider would have not have made the same error under the same or similar circumstance AND if there was care below the applicable standard whether you suffered an injury as a result. There is no viable claim unless and until such an opinion is secured. Medical negligence cases are risky and expensive to pursue so if the injury--even if there is negligence--is not substantial or permanent, you will have a hard time finding someone to pursue the claim for you.

Pro

2

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this, and you should have a local malpractice lawyer review your records. Avvo has a great "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a low contingency fee. Good luck.