Government assistance in Madison Wisconsin , or welfare

Asked almost 2 years ago - Madison, WI

I am a mother of 3 and I don't have any medical for me and my kids , we have recently moved in from Illinois , and I have lost my job ,
would I be able to get medical card for me and my kids ? I am on a very low income , and I need to know what office do I have to call for help I have never been through this before

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Teri M. Nelson


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It sounds as if you may qualify for Badgercare which is state subsidized health care. Please contact them to apply. Here is a link to the necessary information you need to apply:

  2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You could contact Dane County Human Services on Northport Drive.

    You may also qualify for food stamps and rental assistance.

    Hope this helps.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,695 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,695 answers this week

3,046 attorneys answering