Got ticket for expired license for VA Police Officer followed me to work parked car went to DMV and got new license.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Virginia

He said it will be dropped and just pay a fine. Should I retain an attorney or take his word.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mitchell Mead Wells

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Jurisdictions vary. I have been able to have this type of offense dismissed many times under circumstances similar to yours. If you have a good driving record, then it should not be a problem to have it dismissed. If you go to court without a lawyer and get convicted, then file a notice of appeal, and take a lawyer with you to circuit court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,239 answers this week

2,235 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,239 answers this week

2,235 attorneys answering