Got served foreclosure papers and plan to fight it to keep my house. Filed a motion for extension and will hire counsel.

Orlando, FL |

In foreclosure what means certificate of mailing copies to US Attorney General / Certified Mail Green Card Attached on docket . Just looking at the docket text of my case and saw this. What does that mean?

My best guess (and without seeing it, it is only a guess) is that you owe the IRS money and they have a lien against your property. The Bank listed everyone with an interest in your home which includes those with liens.
Take a minute and check out my website. You will see that I do things a bit differently than other attorneys and charge a fee which cannot be beat ($98/hr). I would be happy to help you defend your home.

The above is opinion based on very limited facts and not legal advice. This is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney and does not constitute the establishment of an attorney/client relationship.

James Richard Young III

James Richard Young III

http://www.98dollarattorney.com

That just means that the bank sent copies of the filings to the US Attorney, probably because there is a tax lien on the property. Many attorneys on here, including myself, offer free initial consultations. Best of luck!

Natalie Guerra-Valdes
(954)764-7878
nvaldes@valdeslawfirmpa.com
www.valdeslawfirmpa.com

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state.

Do you owe the IRS money? The U.S. Attorney General represents the IRS in foreclosure cases.

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.

Counsel above is correct. There is likely a tax lien on the property and they're ensuring everyone with an interest in the property are served. I wouldn't worry too much about documents being sent to the US Attorney General. Right now the focus should be on assessing your options and determining what your goal in the process is. I recommend contacting a local attorney to discuss these options.

The advice above is not intended to be legal advice