Got RFE on L2 EAD Extention ,asking "Last time L1 worked or will work as L1 employe" What does it mean ?I

Sunnyvale, CA |

I and my wife Visa Expiry - 30th July 2013
Valid I-94 - till July 2015 .We both filed H1B visa this year and initial status showing "Initial Review"
Wife is working on L2 EAD and got RFE while applying L2 EAD Extention. RFE stated
1) Please indicate last time Principal applicant worked or will work as an L1 Employee with evidence
2) USCIS System showed that Form I-29 ,Petition for a Nonimmigrant worked ,fied in behalf of L1 Principal and is currently pending .Please explain

For #1 - What do we mention the time while replying RFE ,Does it mean current L1 Period of last time I was on L1 ( there is a 3 week gap in which I want to India and was not holding L1 Status in US)

For #2 - What should we reply

1. You applied for an extension by yourself and received an RFE;
2. You have difficulty with what the RFE means.

It's time to use a professional immigration practitioner.

You should talk to the company's immigration attorney.

I'm assuming that your 3 week gap was merely a vacation and that you stayed on the payroll. If not, they you'd better be able to explain this to the attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

1. The question is probably trying to determine whether the L-1 is in L-1 status.
2. With the required explanation.

You really should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration