Got rear ended on Hwy5 from 60mph

Asked 4 months ago - Irvine, CA

Got pretty severely hit from the back on hwy5. Haven't registered with the doctors yet, but feel pretty bad. The impact was so hard that I hit the car I front of me after the impact, so I got caught in the middle.

I already reported the claim to my insurance company and they want to record the statement from me in the morning.

What should I do?

1. Fernando Davin Vargas

Pro

12

Answered . Do not speak to the insurance company without a lawyer advising you about your rights. Insurance companies do not have your best interest in mind. Consult with and hire an experienced attorney to represent you and do so immediately. Best of luck!

2. Alexander Silkman

10

Answered . First go out and get the medical treatment you need. Next, speak with a personal injury attorney in your area. They will handle the process of dealing with the 3rd party's insurance and ensure you are getting full compensation for your damages.

3. Robert Bruce Kopelson

8

Answered . See a doctor and then a free consult with a lawyer. Do that before giving any statements.

4. David Herman Hirsch

8

Answered . You need to immediately consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you who can investigate and give you guidance as to how to proceed. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Pro

8

Answered . Get medical treatment, don't speak to the insurance companies, and retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.

6. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

6

Answered . Don't talk to anyone including your insurance co. Get a PI lawyer immediately. If you're in unbearable pain, see a doctor.

7. Sol Peter Ajalat

5

Answered . The effect of your injuries may be significant. Get to a doctor as well as an attorney promplty.

8. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

5

Answered . "Severe" hit and have not "registered with the doctors yet" are contradictory... people with severe injuries, much more often than not seek medical treatment immediately... certainly before looking into lawsuits... that said, seeking medical attention even late in the game, should there be true injury, should always be done... an experienced personal injury attorney will be able to evaluate the accident, the cause of the accident, the extent of the injuries, whether the potential defendant has insurance or assets, and whether the delay in getting medical treatment substantially affects the claim.

Since many of us medical malpractice lawyer types offer free consultations and take such cases on a contingent basis, there really is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician

9. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

3

Answered . No lawyer, no doctor, no therapist, maybe you should see someone like that first.

10. Jorge Ledezma Flores

Pro

3

Answered . Your insurance policy contains a close that you must cooperate with your insurance when investigating your claim. Therefore, their request that you provide a statement to your insurance company stems from your obligation to cooperate. However, I would consult an attorney prior to providing a statement since your lawyer may be able to advise you as to what areas of your proffered statement may have a negative effect on your claim.

11. Michael Shemtoub

2

Answered . Call a lawyer as soon as possible. He will guide you through the waters to make sure you get the maximum amount of treatment and maximum amount of compensation for your pain and suffering. We all provide free consultations. I've also helped clients find doctors in there area that do not charge any copays