Skip to main content

Got pulled over for dui.......and etc..... help me...

Rockville, MD |

I got pulled over for driving 74mph on the highway(limit was 55mph), driving under the influence that came out to be 0.13, and possession of marijuana(driving with dangerous substances with less than 10 grams) with 500 dollars fine.. I was arrested for like 2-3 hours and I told what cops told me to do and tried to be nice to them. The big problem is I'm on F-1 Visa status, which means I'm international student..(im 21years old). I don't know what to do just sitting at home for like 4 days now... Please give me some advice or something..

and they took my license and gave me 45days temporary license, and after hearing my license might be suspended or something... i dont know... Do I have to re-get my license? or after suspension, I can get my license back?..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Call me at 2:00 PM. I can at least tell you how it all goes and give you back some perspective. I am not saying you should hire me but I would like to help you with your fear. Isolating yourself only makes it all seem worse. It is not hopeless. Hang in there. 301-670-3020

This response is based on information provided. Many variables may exist that can only be addressed in an interview. This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.


This does not have to ruin the life you are trying to build for yourself. If you have no previous drug offenses, you are likely to be eligible for a diversion program which will effectively eliminate the risk of conviction in return for completion of an appropriate drug education and monitoring program and community service. The DUI charge is defendable, and can result in a finding without a conviction and the risk of being made to leave the United States. However, you do need a very good criminal/dui defense attorney to help you. In addition, you need the most time you can get to complete the steps that will put you in the best position to go to court. You need to get started now. There are attorneys on this forum who are very qualified. Check our backgrounds, education, experience and, mostly, what previous clients have shared about our services to them. Then, call one of us as soon as possible. I wish you well.

This is not legal advice it is general information intended to guide you to speak directly with a lawyer who is licensed to practice law in Maryland.


You only have ten (10) days to request a hearing regarding the suspension of your privilege to drive because of a BrAC test result greater than .08 but less than .15. The form to request the hearing is the 2nd page of the "DR-15A Officer's Order of Suspension" - "Hearing Request Copy". The form must be completed, and mailed to the address on the form (11101 Gilroy Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21031) with a check in the amount of $150.00. Failure to mail the request AND the check within 10 days will result in your privilege to drive being suspended on the 36th day following your arrest.

There are many, many defenses to a DUI that only a lawyer with years of experience fighting DUI charges will be able to (a) identify, and (b) act on.

You need to contact an attorney ASAP.


You need to request an MVA hearing within 10 days (postmarked hearing request) together with the hearing fee, or you will get suspended. If you request the hearing within 10 days, you can get that suspension modified. Worst case scenario, first offense, you should not end up with a conviction or any other license suspensions. This should also have no impact on your status here in the country. Contact a lawyer as soon as possible.


Make an appointment with a DUI lawyer today. You should also speak with an immigration attorney to discuss the ramifications of the DUI & CDS case on your visa. You must discuss your driver's license status with an attorney immediately as there are strict time limitations to request a hearing

I am pleased to communicate with you concerning legal matters. However, if you communicate with me through this website regarding a matter for which my firm DOES NOT ALREADY REPRESENT YOU, your communication may NOT be treated as privileged or confidential, and shall NOT be deemed to create an attorney/client relationship. Furthermore, you should NOT provide confidential information to my law firm in an e-mail inquiry or otherwise unless we have FIRST entered into a representation agreement.


 An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer