Got officially charged with a DWAI 1st. Bac was 9.1 wondering if the license suspension will be the same under the DWAI charge.

80526 |

Under 21
Bac 9.1
Charged with DWAI 1st

Yes, I meant .091 sorry for the typo I would be dead if that was the case.

Fort Collins:

Your license suspension is likely to be the same under the DWAI charge based on your age. It is hard to say in part because of the typo in your BAC. There are a number of good DUI attorneys in the area who offer free consultations and can answer your questions in addition to defending you. Try The Leier Law Firm.

Brandon

.091 is DUI, so it is unclear what you bace was. If you license was taken, you only have 7 days to challenge its loss.

With a BAC of 9.1, you'd be be dead. You'd also be dead with .91. Perhaps you meant .091 or .19. In any event, your best bet at a positive outcome is to hire a locally experienced DUI DUI attorney. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

What you do in the first seven days after being charged with a DUI is critical. Gather up all of your paperwork you have thus far and consult with a DUI attorney. Many of us offer free consultations.

The Leier Law Office
Kent J. Leier

The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation. The answer above does not form an attorney client relationship and does not substitute for advice that can be obtained during an in depth initial consultation.

In Colorado - because you are under the age of 21, you face a one year suspension, assuming the BAC was not over a .17. You do have a right to have a hearing, which must be requested within 7 days of the stop directly (for breath) or 7 days after receiving notification from the DMV regarding blood results) with the Colorado MVD. If you do not request a hearing than the MVD will take what ever action it wants to, including suspending your license.
All of the other attorneys are correct - you should consult with a DUI attorney in your area to see about potential DMV and court defenses.

Best of luck,
Laurie

Disclaimer: The response to this email does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship. For additional information or a free consultation contact the Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt at (303) 747-4686

Take a look at this link:

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/PDF/COLORADO%20DRUNK%20DRIVING%20LAWS.pdf

It should help. Like my colleagues, I assume your BAC was .09 or perhaps .19. In any event, retain an experienced Colorado DWI defense attorney as soon as you can. He or she will assist you with this and other questions.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
Anelli Xavier
Syracuse - Albany - Rochester - buffalo
1-800-DWI-TEAM

I agree, with the response my colleagues have given, a bac. of 9.1 is way too high, either way you need to consult a DUI attorney in your area as soon as possible. Wish you best of luck!