Got married before I was put in removal proceedings filed the i130 by itself what's my Chance for an interview

Asked about 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

Judgeing from previous cases u guys hqve had like this all evidence in no convictions thank you

1. David Eli Larson

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . I think your chance of being interviewed eventually is 100%. If you submitted it before being placed in removal, you may get an approval without an interview, but ICE is not likely to agree to an administrative closure of your removal proceeding until there has been an interview. You need to retain an immigration lawyer to represent you.

2. Peter Corrales

Answered . There is a good chance you will not be interviewed for the I-130 to be approved, if you submitted it correctly and with enough evidence. However, keep in mind an approved I-130 does not grant any sort of status, all it generally does is validate the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary for the purpose of obtaining a visa. Generally after an I-130 is approved, the beneficiary will have to either adjust status or follow with consular processing. You should speak with an immigration attorney to make sure you are moving forward correctly, especially if you are in removal proceedings.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

Answered . Please refer to the same question that was posted earlier today.

4. Jayne Windsor Bouchfaa

Answered . Removal proceedings are no joke. I highly recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney to help you through this process.