Got letter from immigration after service request.

I got a letter and it said that my case is "pending adjudication" for I821D. What does that mean? My cases were recieved and processed on August 23,2012 and I did biometric appointment on September 13,2012 and I have been waiting ever since...........almost 1 year of waiting and still waiting....

They had put me on processing hold for my case I821D because of pending background checks that was in June but in August they sent me a letter saying now I am pending adjudication? What does that mean?

It means that your case is still pending. It might be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney about your case, to try to determine why the case has been taking this long.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

It means it is pending adjudication.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

They have the right to check your background. They need to make sure they know who they are dealing with and that the person they do deal with is not a criminal.

It means it is still pending. Sorry it's taking so long. You are not the only one that's going through this. I think everyone of my colleagues that I know that does I-821D's has at least one or two clients who are in the same boat as you.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney. If further assistance is needed please feel free to contact me and retain my services.

I agree with my colleagues. Your case is pending. There is nothing you can do but wait. If you get a negative decision, contact an immigration lawyer immediately!
Good luck,
Otis C. Landerholm, Esq.
www.LanderholmLawOffice.com