Got in car accident was other persons fault

Asked about 2 months ago - Colorado Springs, CO

Hi I recently got in a car accidents the guy ran a stop sign hiring me on the driver side broke my leg my car is totaled . His insurance keeps calling asking what happend . I told them I would call them back what should I do

1. Chad William Johnson

10

Answered . I'm sorry to hear you were in a car crash caused by someone else. You need to get the medical care you need and contact a Colorado personal injury attorney immediately. Do not make a statement to the insurance company or anyone else without an attorney. Many firms offer free consultations, including the firm I work for.

2. Dale G. Casares

6

Answered . That sounds like a serious collision and that you suffered some significant injuries. Talk to a local personal injury attorney ASAP. I agree with the other attorneys - do not give the insurance company a statement and be sure you are getting the medical care you need.

3. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

5

Answered . You need to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before you make any statement(s) to the other party's insurance carrier, or anyone else, for that matter. FYI, the statute of limitations on law suits for damages caused by car accidents in Colorado is 3 years from the date of occurrence.

The information provided in this answer is only general shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Posting here is a start. Now contact local and qualified counsel asap. Do not speak with the adverse insurance company. You may be entitled to monetary compensation. A lawyer can maximize your opportunity for a full recovery. Good luck.

5. L. Vincent Ramunno Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . If your leg was broken, have you retained a good local attorney to protect your rights and get you financial compensation??

6. Robert Phillip Odle

Pro

4

Answered . DO NOT talk to them. Get in and discuss your options with an attorney.

Many, myself included, offer free initial consultations. Spending a half an hour or so with an attorney will give you a much better view of what you are dealing with (insurance companies are NOT your friend! You need to know how to deal with them).

If you decide to retain an attorney, please check around. Not everyone charges the same and not everyone treats you the same.

Best of luck to you.

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . You should immediately consult with and retain an experienced personal injury attorney to give you the best chance to receive fair compensation. Do not speak to the insurance company and give them an opportunity to take advantage of you.

8. Joshua M Deere

Pro

1

Answered . You have obviously suffered a serious accident and should be entitled to compensation. You are not required to discuss the case with the insurance representative yet. You should discuss your case with an experienced attorney. Most attorneys in this area will not charge you anything to discuss the case with you, and will likely not charge you anything at all until the end of the case, and then their fee will come out of the settlement/payout with the insurance. In other words, you don't really have anything to lose by talking with an attorney.

9. Remington Way Fang

1

Answered . Call an attorney immediately. I'm not saying you can't handle it on your own, but why would you want to? The insurance company will stop at nothing to pay as little as possible and remember, the tape is always running. You need an attorney who will represent your interests from day one by making sure that not only are all your medical bills paid in full, but also that you receive fair compensation under our system of justice for the pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and inconvenience caused by the negligence of the other driver.

10. Nathan D McKinney

Answered . Set an appointment in your area soon. Review of your medical care to date, review of the property damages, and review of your future definite and probably medical cost and loss of wages and future wages prorated for a lifetime are just a few of the concerns before ever submitting to questions by an adjuster. But time is usually of essence to show cause and causation. Most of this community will do a free consultation and describe to you contingency fees meaning lawyers do not get a portion until you've been compensated for all of your injuries and future impact. (or other arrangements at your choice). Choose an attorney who you feel comfortable with soon.