Got in a confrontation at a bar. resisting arrest charge. no previous criminal history. out of state. what's best option?

Asked about 1 year ago - Humble, TX

confronted by owner and patrons with a shoving match. walked out un escorted. was cuffed without resistance. totally compliant with police.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mark J. Issa

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . get a lawyer - these types of cases are often one lawyer away from going away forever and never surfacing again. Find a lawyer because it sounds like you did all the right things in response.

  2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Issa and Mr. Lloyd.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more
  3. John Douglas Lloyd


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. A local attorney in that area might be able to help you minimize the damage from that incident.

    Disclaimer: No attorney client privilege is established by receiving an answer to your question on Avvo. This... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,315 answers this week

3,295 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,315 answers this week

3,295 attorneys answering