Got in a confrontation at a bar. resisting arrest charge. no previous criminal history. out of state. what's best option?

Humble, TX |

confronted by owner and patrons with a shoving match. walked out un escorted. was cuffed without resistance. totally compliant with police.

get a lawyer - these types of cases are often one lawyer away from going away forever and never surfacing again. Find a lawyer because it sounds like you did all the right things in response.

I agree with my colleague. A local attorney in that area might be able to help you minimize the damage from that incident.

Disclaimer: No attorney client privilege is established by receiving an answer to your question on Avvo. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to visit my Avvo profile or website -- www.AfterTheTrial.com -- to set up an appointment to talk more about your issue. As required by Rule 7.2(e), Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

I agree with Mr. Issa and Mr. Lloyd.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.