Got caught stealing five dollar item at best buy

Yuma, AZ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I got caught stealing a five dollar item from best buy. Police came I was not arrested but I was given a court date for next month. I am wondering what is my next step of action I just want to get this taken as quickly as possible. I live in California and can't afford to keep driving to Yuma to go to court.

What I am about to say will depend largely on what court this matter is submitted to. The good new is that it is only charged as a misdemeanor and in a lot of the misdemeanor courts here in AZ (city courts and Justice courts) they do allow telephonic court hearings. The bad news is that you may have to hire an attorney to accomplish this, however the attorney can get your presence waived for the court dates and possibly assist in getting you into the diversion program, which is deferred prosecution.

2. Hire defense counsel, you might even qualify for a diversion program.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,