Got caught shoplifting beer and water at walmart and i am under 21, what should i expect in court

Wilmington, NC |
Filed under: Shoplifting

The total cost for stolen merchandise was 40 dollars, got a ticket from police

I suggest you get a lawyer to defend you on this matter. S/he may be able to negotiate a favorable disposition that won't saddle you with a criminal conviction. If you cannot afford a lawyer the court will appoint one for you. Don't say or do anything without an attorney.

In New Hanover county if you have never had a Criminal conviction amd have never been put on probation you would qualify for a deferred prosecution. Your attorney and the prosecutor would come to terms that you would have to successfully complete to get a voluntary dismissal of your case. I highly recommend that you hire an attorney. A larceny conviction on your record could have huge consequences in getting into school or certain jobs. If you successfully complete the deferred prosecution, I recommend that you also hire an attorney to get an expungment if you are eligible.

Shoplifting topics