Got caught shoplifting at walmart, $170, no jail, but recieved a ticket from the police, & a court date. Do I need an attorney?

Las Vegas, NV |

I got caught two months earlier, at walmart for $100, no police. Have to go to court in mid October. How long will I have a petty larceny on my record? (no previous record at all....hard times, made me resort to stealing). Is there anything an attorney could help me with? Is there a way, to seal or get this off my record quicker?

I am 40 years old. Is there possible jail time? I am assuming walmart will give the judge a report, letting him/she know, I got caught two months earlier......correct?

You may wish to seek the advice of an attorney who would be willing to represent you for the matter. Trying to negotiate or defend on your own is a recipe for disaster. I read dozens of posts that make that fact exceedingly clear. Coming to a lawyer too late after the case is mucked up is not advisable.