Got car title, still paying on car, car lot says I need to give title back, do I have to?

Kansas City, KS |

Car lot says it is states fault because there is no lien showing on title. They want it back, I want to know if I have to give it back and if I don't can they take some sort of legal action. The car is used and we have only had it 7 months and it is falling apart, so I thought I would check

1. So you want to use the certificate of title as a hostage? I would not play these games. If your real problem is that the car is a pile of crap, you need to sue them for selling you a crappy car, not use what appears to be a paper mistake as a sword trying to gain some sort of an advantage. You need to consult with a qualified consumer protection lawyer, that's what you need to do. Go to www.naca.net and make an appointment with someone in KC.